By cleaning out your closets – reusing, repurposing and recycling those items your child no longer needs – you can help equip low-income and homeless children with vitally needed everyday essentials to mitigate the acute effects of poverty while keeping these items out of landfills. Learn how to host a Spring Greening Drive, Give Back with an Outfit Pack, or contribute financially.
- Boys pants, sizes 7/8 - 14/16
- Boys PJs, sizes 9/10 -14/16
- Girls PJs, sizes 11/12 and 14/16
- New girls underwear sizes 5/6 and 7/8
- New boys underwear sizes 3T to 11/12
- Pack 'n Plays
- Baby Carriers (Bjorn, snugglie, sling)
Spring Greening, March - May: Cradles to Crayons encourages friends, neighbors, and business colleagues to reduce, repurpose, and recycle by cleaning their closets and donating clothes, shoes, toys, and more.
- April: Go Green for Earth Day Region-Wide Collection:In partnership with PECO, Cradles to Crayons presents a region-wide initiative to reduce, repurpose, and recycle children’s everday essential items. In honor of Earth Day, this collection brings together communities from all over the five-county Greater Philadelphia region. By donating new and nearly new children’s items, you can reduce landfill waste while ensuring that quality essential items are diverted to children who need them most.
Ready for School, June - September: Cradles to Crayons collects new school supplies and backpacks to provide thousands of area children the tools they need to succeed academically.
- August: Backpack-A-Thon™: Hundreds of volunteers sort school supplies during the day-long event and stuff thousands of backpacks for distribution through social service agencies to children and families in need in the Greater Philadelphia region before the start of school.
Gear Up for Winter, October - March: Cradles to Crayons organizes collections of individual and bulk donations of new and nearly new cold weather clothing and footwear.
- December: Un-Gala Fundraiser: A lively, dress-down event that offers families a perfect venue to join together and have fun while sorting and packing everyday essentials – warm coats, gloves, hats and scarves – to help thousands of children stay safe and warm this winter.
Gear Up for Baby, January – December: Year-round, Cradles to Crayons collects and provides critical baby equipment to ensure all children are safe and ready to begin life.
Sponsorship opportunites are available. Please contact Develoment Director Susan Hight at email@example.com or (215) 836-0958, ext. 208.