By cleaning out your closets – reusing, repurposing and recycling those items your child no longer needs – you can help equip low-income and homeless children with vitally needed everyday essentials to mitigate the acute effects of poverty while keeping these items out of landfills. Learn how to host a Spring Greening Drive, Give Back with an Outfit Pack, or contribute financially.
- Boys pants, sizes 7/8 - 14/16
- Boys PJs, sizes 9/10 -14/16
- Girls PJs, sizes 11/12 and 14/16
- New girls underwear sizes 5/6 and 7/8
- New boys underwear sizes 3T to 11/12
- Pack 'n Plays
- Baby Carriers (Bjorn, snugglie, sling)
Cradles to Crayons began as an effort by one individual who was determined to make a difference in the world. Today, the Cradles to Crayons' community numbers thousands of youth and adults working together to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of children each year.
Cradles to Crayons offers families the opportunity to teach their children, age six and older, the values of service and philanthropy while volunteering together to help children and families in need.
Volunteer opportunities available for those age six and older:
- Wednesday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and/or 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Most Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Contact Matt Ryan, Volunteer Coordinator, for availability.
- Saturday hours available 1-2x per month. Contact Matt Ryan, Volunteer Coordinator, for availability.
To schedule volunteer opportunities for families and individuals, please contact Matt Ryan, Volunteer Coordinator.
- “Young Friends of Cradles to Crayons” Volunteer Night (must be 21 and over): 2nd Wednesday of each month 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- As a way to further engage your children in the volunteer experience, please clean out your closets and bring new or nearly-new children's items to your visit. Click here for more information about donation guidelines.Teen Leadership Corps (TLC): Cradles to Crayons’ Teen Leadership Corps (TLC) program offers high school students around the southeastern Pennsylvania region with the distinctive opportunity to develop or improve organizational and leadership skills while working to make a difference in the lives of other kids.
TLC members are given the chance to develop these skills through a variety of responsibilities which include coordinating their own product drive, leading volunteer groups in the Giving Factory warehouse, and spreading the word about Cradles to Crayons. Click here to learn more.
- The Giving Corps: The Giving Corps is series of volunteer leadership programs for teens, college students, and adults. All Giving Corps members have the opportunity to take on leadership roles in our warehouse while learning about the mission and model of Cradles to Crayons.
Please Note: Each participating child under the age of 18 will need a completed waiver form, signed by their parent/guardian, or they will not be able to volunteer. We welcome children age six and older to the Giving Factory. Please feel free to email us or call 215-836-0958 with any questions.
Ready to join us?