Read the full article on patch.com here.
JANUARY 21, 2019 BOSTON, MA—To celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service, Cradles to Crayons® is working with local police stations to collect quality warm winter essentials for local children in need. Now through Monday, January 21st, local departments will collect critically needed items for children from birth to age 12 living in homeless or low-income situations.
Local departments will be accepting new and gently used items, including children’s winter clothing (newborn to child size 18/20 or adult medium) and winter boots (sizes infant/child 0-13 and adult 1-10).
On Monday, January 21, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. donations can be dropped at any of the following police stations:
- Belmont PD; 460 Concord Avenue
- Belmont FD; 299 Trapelo Road
- Watertown PD; 552 Main Street
- Brookline PD; 350 Washington Street
- Newton PD; 1321 Washington Street
- Newton PD Annex; 25 Chestnut Street
- Wellesley PD; 485 Washington Street
- Needham PD; 99 School Street
- Arlington PD; 112 Mystic Street
- Lexington PD; 1575 Massachusetts Ave
- Cambridge PD; 125 6th Street
- Malden PD; 800 Eastern Ave
- Brighton PD; 301 Washington Street
- Winchester PD; 30 Mt. Vernon Street
- Weston PD; 180 Boston Rd
About Cradles to Crayons
Cradles to Crayons launched in 2002 and has operations in Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago. The nonprofit provides children from birth through age 12 living in homeless or low-income situations with the essential items they need to thrive—at home, at school, and at play. They supply these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities. Cradles to Crayons mobilizes communities to collect and donate new and gently used high-quality children’s items. The organization also engages thousands of youth and adults each year in tangible service activities that benefit local children in need. For more information, please visit www.cradlestocrayons.org/boston/.