Be an Active Change Agent in Your Community
As an active participant in our College Corps, you will:
- Lead volunteer groups and provide positive volunteer experiences.
- Enhance and implement new approaches to operational efficiency and organizational effectiveness.
- Develop into powerful change leaders upon program completion.
Our College Corps is comprised of three different programs for volunteers of all different ages and commitment levels.
Internship Program & Calendar
Interns in our departmental and summer programs have the opportunity to gain skills and experience helpful to later success in the workplace. Internships are offered in 12-week, semester-long sessions:
- Summer Session: June – August
- Fall Session: September – December
- Spring Session: January – May
Goals of the College Corps Departmental Internship Program include:
- Assisting specific departments within Cradles to Crayons on special projects.
- Developing skills in your given area of interest.
- Gaining professional tools from professional development workshops.
- Growing as a leader through thoughtful guidance and feedback.
Goals of the College Corps Summer Internship Program include:
- Leading groups of volunteers in The Giving Factory donation processing stations.
- Attending leadership and professional skills workshops.
- Working closely with Cradles to Crayons staff to align portions of the program with your leadership goals.
Campus Leader Program
College Corps Campus Leaders help to increase our impact while becoming a service leader by mobilizing, connecting, engaging, and guiding volunteers from the entire campus community. Expectations for participation include the willingness and ability to:
- Create new, engaging programs to spread the word about Cradles to Crayons on campus.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteer groups.
- Host collection drives or fundraisers on your campus.
- Mobilize students, faculty, and staff to meet these goals.
For any program in our Giving Corps, email us with questions or inquiries at email@example.com
Learn about our openings!
College Corps Departmental Internships are offered in three twelve week sessions each year. Please inquire about receiving internship credit.
- Spring (February-May)
- Summer (June-August)
- Fall (October-December)
Current internship opportunities for Spring 2019:
Development Intern: You will gain skills in fundraising and event planning and increase your knowledge and exposure to social enterprises. Get a detailed description of the position >
Group Volunteer Intern: You will learn public speaking and leadership skills through one-on-one interaction with some of Cradles to Crayons’ 30,000 yearly volunteers. Be apart of our production team, gaining skills in inventory management and workflow. Get a more detailed description of the position >
Marketing Intern: Support design and content creation and updates of Cradles to Crayons collateral including print and online resources. Assist in prepare news releases, media alerts and other stories. Get a more detailed description of the position >
Through this hands on experience, college students will have the opportunity to gain skills to become a successful leader. More information can be found here or by contacting Training and Volunteer Programs Associate Chris Harvell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants interested in this program, please apply by February 1, 2019. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.
“I met many incredible people throughout this summer who demonstrated what it meant to be a strong leader.” – 2016 College Corps Program Intern
“My favorite part of the College Corps program was getting the opportunity to share my passion for service with others, and getting them excited to make a tangible difference in local children’s lives.” – 2016 College Corps Program Intern