Teen Leadership Corps
Gather your friends to give a boost to your community
Leadership skills are an advantage you’ll have for a lifetime. Cradles to Crayons’ Teen Leadership Corps (TLC) offers inspiring programs for middle and high school students who are passionate about making a difference in their communities.
Applications are now closed for the 2023 fall session, as we reached our capacity for applications. Submitted applications will be reviewed in the order they were received and applicants will be informed of their status on Monday, September 25. If you have any questions, please email Courtney Young at email@example.com.
2023 Fall Session Schedule
Mission and Work Orientation Options (in-person, NEW TLC members only):
– Saturday, October 14 | 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
– Tuesday, October 17 | 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Project Orientation (virtual): Wednesday, October 18 | 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Leadership Workshop (virtual): Wednesday, November 15 | 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Wrap-Up Presentations (virtual): Wednesday, December 13 | 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Volunteer Shifts (in-person): Each TLC member must complete two volunteer shifts in The Giving Factory. Upon acceptance to the program, members will have a variety of dates/times to choose from for their volunteer shifts.
About the Teen Leadership Corps (TLC)
- Supporting The Giving Factory staff during two volunteer shifts.
- Increasing awareness of our mission by hosting a product collection drive or fundraiser in your own community.
- Participating in an orientation, leadership development workshop, and giving a wrap-up presentation of their project outcomes.
- Becoming an effective leader while developing new skills.
The TLC program is run three times per year, in the Spring (March–May), Summer (June–August), and Fall (October–December).
“I realized how much I like helping people and spending my time doing that when I could be doing other things. I started wanting to help out at the Giving Factory more. Being a TLC member helped me see that people needed certain items and being able to give it to the children was really rewarding.” – Spring 2018 TLC Member
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Courtney Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.