Cradles to Crayons Chicago will honor Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy with a winter clothing drive Monday at the Bank of America at 1301 E. Ogden Ave. in Naperville.
New or gently used children’s items, such as winter coats, boots, hats, gloves, scarves and warm clothes, can be dropped off for the organization’s Gear Up for Winter campaign. They are also accepting toys and books.
Among the items most needed are:
• Winter coats, sizes newborn to adult medium;
• Winter boots, sizes infant/toddler 5 to adult 10;
• Warm clothing, size newborn to youth 18/20 or adult medium;
• Toys, especially for infants and ages 10-12;
• Books for children up to 12 years old.
“Though this year’s MLK Day of Service looks different from previous years, the importance and message remain the same. It is vital now more than ever that we help those in need as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact all of us,” said Shoshana Buchholz-Miller, executive director of Cradles to Crayons Chicago.
Donations will be quarantined before processing. For more information, go to cradlestocrayons.org/chicago/gufw2020.