Volunteer at The Giving Factory
At Cradles to Crayons, we believe that one day every child will have the essentials they need to feel safe, warm, ready to learn, and valued.
As a volunteer at C2C, together we fulfill this vision and can make sure Chicagoland’s most under-served kids have everything they need to thrive—at home, at school, and at play.
Our volunteers—both adults and children—power our mission. When you volunteer with us, you join thousands of service-oriented individuals who have already made a significant impact in our community.
Before You Volunteer:
Host a Drive: We ask all our volunteer groups to host a product collection prior to their visit. There is no minimum requirement, and we appreciate any and all items that follow our donation guidelines. If you are able to help us fuel the fight against clothing insecurity please indicate so in the accommodations section of the form. Please review the items we accept here.
Cradles to Crayons is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we welcome many diverse individuals as volunteers.
- Building Accessibility: The Giving Factory floor is a single story, with no steps. There are accessible parking spots in our parking area, and either a wheelchair accessible ramp or accessibility leading up to our main entrance. We have restroom availability that is wheelchair accessible and ADA compliant.
- Restrooms: We welcome volunteers of all genders, identities, and expressions. Men’s, women’s, and gender-neutral restrooms are available for volunteers.
- Lactation Room: We can provide a private Lactation Room. If you need access to this room, please share that in the accommodations section of the form or tell us when you arrive for your shift.
- Volunteer Activity: Some volunteer activities require standing. Other activities are performed sitting. Volunteers who require the seated option may share that requirement in the accommodations section of the form, and we will follow through with you via email.
- Masks: Volunteers are not required to wear masks, but masks can be provided to anyone who wishes to wear one.
If you have any additional needs, please share that in the accommodations section of the form, and we will follow through with you via email.
Interested in bringing the volunteer experience of The Giving Factory to your work place? Let us know in the accommodations section of the form. With Giving Factory @ Work, we can have your company’s employees volunteer at your building.
Looking to have your corporate team join us at The Giving Factory? We are only able to alleviate the impacts of childhood poverty and provide free essential items through volunteerism and financial investment. Donations help us keep the warehouse running during your visit, purchase most-needed items, or support our seasonal initiatives. Along with your team’s time, we do ask our corporate partners for a monetary donation.
We cannot wait to host you at The Giving Factory!
Our Most-Needed Items
As a way to further engage in the volunteer experience, we appreciate any and all children’s items you can bring to your volunteer visit.
Please check our current “most-needed items” list:
Join the Giving Corps
Programs for Teen Leadership and Champion Volunteers are geared toward individuals who want to promote change in their community.
Join the Giving Corps to become a committed volunteer:
[Chi] General Volunteering Inquiry Form