Our Commitment to Our Donors
We respect your privacy. Cradles to Crayons (“C2C”) values each of its donors and takes their privacy seriously. To that end, we maintain the highest level of confidentiality concerning our donors’ contact and financial information. All online and offline financial transactions with Cradles to Crayons are covered by this policy and are conducted over secure portals. Access to any donor information is password-protected and limited to authorized C2C employees.
What We Collect
Cradles to Crayons collects the following personal information from donors: donor name(s), amount donated, email address, phone number, mailing address, amount donated and other metadata about the transaction such as date, payment method and transaction ID’s.
Additionally, financial donors provide standard payment information including credit or debit card information. We protect your information using several measures such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls and physical security. We also work with other companies to process credit card transactions – those companies also use encryption and other appropriate security measures, such as multi-factor authentication.
How We Use Donor Information
Donor information is used for internal purposes only. Cradles to Crayons does not sell, share, trade or lease personally identifiable donor information or the information of any constituents we engage with in any way, nor do we send mailing to our donors on behalf of other organizations. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be sued for purposes necessary to process the donation. Donor information will only be used by Cradles to Crayons staff to:
- Provide timely receipts and acknowledgements for donations received;
- Inform donors about current and upcoming activities, including opportunities to further support Cradles to Crayons
- Track and analyze donor information
- Comply with all rules and regulations governing 501(c)(3) financial reporting as well as any requirements related to specific grants or contributions
- Information you wish to share: e.g. tribute or announcement information, comments, etc.
Donor’s Bill of Rights
- To be informed about the mission of Cradles to Crayons, how C2C intends to use donated resources and outcomes related to the use of donated resources.
- The identity of those serving on C2C’s Board of Directors and Cradles to Crayons leadership.
- To have access to C2C’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured gifts made to C2C will be used for the purposes they were given.
- To receive appropriate receipts, acknowledgement and recognition of all contributions to C2C.
- To be assured that contact, donation and other personal information is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by the law.
- To request that contact information not be used for the purposes of acknowledgement, recognition or further communication from C2C.