Ready for Learning Cards
Help us make 75,000 Ready for Learning cards for local kids!
Why we need your help
Cradles to Crayons includes a hand-made well-wish card with every new backpack full of school supplies we distribute. The cards share encouraging words about the upcoming school year to help the receiving child feel optimistic and excited about learning.
The demand for our services continues to grow, and we will need 75,000 cards by this summer, for distribution before the first day of school.
Our goal for MLK Day is to have 10,000 cards made by community members. Please consider making well-wish cards to help us meet this challenge.
A project for children and adults
Ready for Learning cards are a creative and easy way to engage all ages in giving back. If you’ve been wanting to be involved with Cradles to Crayons’ mission, this is a great option to get connected and make a real impact. Card-making is a terrific activity for your family, company, class, troop, or other community group.
Making cards is easy & fun!
Get creative and follow these guidelines:
- You can use plain white printer paper, construction paper or cardstock.
- Fold the paper in half and write inspiring messages on the front AND inside the card.
- Use crayons, markers or colored pencils for writing and drawing pictures.
- Make your cards colorful and add fun accents like stickers.
- Cards should not specify age or gender.
- Do not include any reference to family, religion or holiday figures.
- Do not sign your name or your company’s name.
- All writing on Ready for Learning cards should be school, education, and learning-specific.
- Please, no glitter!
Once you have finished your back to school cards please mail them to us at:
Cradles to Crayons
Attn: Ready for Learning Cards
4700 Wissahickon Ave, Suite 142
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Or you can drop them off in one of our donation storage units. Thank you!