Back to School Cards
Help us make 30,000 Back to School cards for local kids!
A project for children & adults
Back to School cards are a creative and easy way to engage children and adults in giving back to their community. If you’ve been wanting to get involved with Cradles to Crayons’ mission this is a great way to get connected.
Why we need Back to School cards
Cradles to Crayons aims to include a hand-made Back to School card in every one of the 30,000 backpacks we’ll distribute at our Backpack-A-Thon™ event. The cards feature encouraging words about the upcoming school year and help the receiving child feel optimistic and excited about learning.
It’s easy to make a card!
Get creative and follow these guidelines:
- You can use plain white printer paper, construction paper or cardstock.
- Fold the paper in half and write inspiring messages on the front AND inside the card.
- Use crayons, markers or colored pencils for writing and drawing pictures.
- Make your cards colorful and add fun accents like stickers.
- Cards should not specify age or gender.
- Do not include any reference to family, religion or holiday figures.
- All writing on Back-to-School cards should be school, education, and learning-specific.
- Please, no glitter!
Once you have finished your back to school cards please hold onto them. Keep an eye on this page for information on where to send your cards once our Giving Factory re-opens. Thank you!
Contact Katherine Dice Family Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org