Ready for Learning Cards
Help us make 50,000 Ready for Learning cards for local kids!
Why we need your help
Cradles to Crayons aims to include a hand-made well-wish card with every new backpack full of school supplies we distribute. The cards share encouraging words about the upcoming school year to help the receiving child feel optimistic and excited about learning.
Normally, we rely on volunteers in our Giving Factory to help make these cards. Due to the pandemic, our volunteer base is severely limited right now, so we are asking community members to make cards at home this year. The demand for our services continues to grow, and we will need 50,000 cards by this summer, for distribution before Sept.
A project for children and adults
Ready for Learning cards are a creative and easy way to engage all ages in giving back. If you’ve been wanting to be involved with Cradles to Crayons’ mission, this is a great option to get connected in a socially-distant manner, and make a real impact. Card-making is a terrific activity for your family, company, class, troop, or other community group.
Making cards is easy & fun!
Get creative and follow these guidelines:
- You can use plain white printer paper, construction paper or cardstock.
- Fold the paper in half and write inspiring messages on the front AND inside the card.
- Use crayons, markers or colored pencils for writing and drawing pictures.
- Make your cards colorful and add fun accents like stickers.
- Cards should not specify age or gender.
- Do not include any reference to family, religion or holiday figures.
- All writing on Ready for Learning cards should be school, education, and learning-specific.
- Please, no glitter!
Once you have finished your back to school cards please mail them to us at:
Cradles to Crayons
Attn: Ready for Learning Cards
4700 Wissahickon Ave, Suite 142
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Or you can drop them off in one of our donation storage units. Thank you!