Volunteer In The Giving Factory
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at The Giving Factory.
Fill out the form to the right and let’s get started.
A volunteer shift in The Giving Factory Warehouse involves hands-on processing of the donated goods that flow in on a regular basis. Each station in our warehouse includes inspecting, sorting, and packaging donations to ultimately be distributed to the children we serve.
- Fill out the inquiry form on this page.
- In just 3-5 business days, you’ll receive an email from one of our volunteer coordinators with more details – including available dates/times for your scheduled visit.
Preparing For Your Visit
Before you come to volunteer at The Giving Factory Warehouse, we ask you to do two things:
Pre-Register Your Group: It is crucial that all volunteers coming to your shift pre-register by using the link in the confirmation email received by the group leader. By pre-registering, you provide the information that allows us to plan for your visit, communicate helpful reminders prior to the visit and to send a thank you after your shift. It is critical that we have an accurate list of who is in our Giving Factory warehouse at all times.
Host a Drive: We ask all of our volunteer groups to host a product collection prior to their visit to help us further our mission. There is no minimum requirement, but we ask each person to donate. Learn more about hosting a successful drive here.
When You Arrive
- A Cradles to Crayons staff member will greet you, help you check-in, and lead you to the first service activity.
Once all groups have arrived, volunteers will gather for a brief orientation.
- The orientation includes a brief overview about Cradles to Crayons and important logistical information about The Giving Factory (bathrooms, water, etc.). You and other volunteers will then be escorted to your assigned stations.
- Your station leader will provide instructions about your task for the shift and will be present during the entire shift to answer questions or provide assistance.
- At the end of your shift, your group will hear a brief wrap-up while having a group photo taken.
For more detailed information about what takes place during a shift, please see our Volunteer FAQ’s.
Most Needed Items
As a way to further engage your children in the volunteer experience, please bring at least one new or like-new children’s item to your shift. We encourage you to check our current “most needed items” list if you would like to help fill a gap in our inventory.
[Phi] General Volunteering Inquiry Form