Volunteer In The Giving Factory
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at The Giving Factory.
Fill out the volunteer shift request form and let’s get started.
A volunteer shift in The Giving Factory Warehouse involves hands-on processing of the donated goods that flow in on a regular basis. Each station in our warehouse includes inspecting, sorting, and packaging donations to ultimately be distributed to the children we serve.
- All volunteers must be at least 5 years old.
- Fill out the inquiry form on the right side of this page (or bottom if viewing on a smartphone) to indicate your preferred time-slot and other details.
- Within 3-5 business days, you’ll receive an email from one of our volunteer coordinators with more details—including the day/time for a scheduled visit.
Preparing For Your Visit
Before you come to volunteer at The Giving Factory, we ask that you please read below for some of our important safety protocols and requirements that are part of our effort to keep our staff and volunteers safe.
- Pre-register before your visit: It is crucial that all volunteers pre-register by using the link and registration code in the confirmation email received by the group leader. By pre-registering, you provide information that allows us to communicate helpful reminders prior to the visit. Only pre-registered volunteers will be allowed inside The Giving Factory.
- Masks are now optional in the Giving Factory (April 2022).
- We encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle. We do not have water bottles, but you will be able to refill your bottles at our water stations.
- We ask all of our volunteer groups to consider hosting a product collection prior to their visit to help us further our mission. There is no minimum requirement, but we ask each person to donate at least one children’s item. Please note our donation guidelines have changed. View our current guidelines here and learn more about hosting a successful drive here.
Cradles to Crayons is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we welcome many diverse individuals as volunteers.
- Building Accessibility: The Giving Factory floor is a single story, with no steps. There are accessible parking spots in our parking area, and a wheelchair accessible ramp leading up to our main entrance. We have restroom availability that is wheelchair accessible and ADA compliant.
- Restrooms: We welcome volunteers of all genders, identities, and expressions. Men’s, women’s, and gender-neutral restrooms are available for volunteers.
- Lactation Room: We can provide a private Lactation Room. If you need access to this room, please share that in the accommodations section of the form or tell us when you arrive for your shift.
- Volunteer Activity: Some volunteer activities require standing. Others are performed sitting. Volunteers who require the seated option may share that requirement in the accommodations section of the form, and we will follow up with you via email.
- Masks: Volunteers are not required to wear masks, but masks can be provided to anyone who wishes to wear one.
If you have any additional needs, please share that in the accommodations section of the form, and we will follow up with you via email.
When You Arrive
- Our doors will open 10 minutes before the shift start time. When you enter the building, we will ensure you are registered before you join other volunteers for our shift orientation.
- Following orientation, you will be led to your volunteer station where your Volunteer Leader will provide instructions about your task for the shift. Your Volunteer Leader will be present during the entire shift to answer questions and provide assistance.
Your shift will start promptly at your scheduled time and will begin with a brief orientation. For more detailed information about what takes place during a shift, please see our FAQs.
Our volunteers – both adult and children – are the engine that powers Cradles to Crayons’ mission. Thank you for choosing to volunteer with us. You are joining thousands of people who have already made a significant impact in our community. We cannot wait to host you at The Giving Factory!
Most Needed Items
As a way to further engage your children in the volunteer experience, please bring at least one new or like-new children’s item to your shift. We encourage you to check our current “most needed items” list if you would like to help fill a gap in our inventory.
[Phi] General Volunteering Inquiry Form