Volunteer In The Giving Factory
Update on COVID-19: Keeping our staff, partners, and volunteers safe and minimizing the spread of COVID-19 virus is our top priority at this time. Our warehouse will be physically closed beginning Monday, March 16. Visit below to learn more about the precautionary measures we will be implementing from Monday, March 16, 2020 until Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at The Giving Factory.
Fill out the form to the right and let’s get started.
A volunteer shift in The Giving Factory Warehouse involves hands-on processing of the donated goods that flow in on a regular basis. Each station in our warehouse includes inspecting, sorting, and packaging donations to ultimately be distributed to the children we serve.
- Fill out the inquiry form on this page.
- In just 3-5 business days, you’ll receive an email from one of our volunteer coordinators with more details – including available dates/times for your scheduled visit.
Preparing For Your Visit
Before you come to volunteer at The Giving Factory Warehouse, we ask you to do two things:
Pre-Register Your Group: It is crucial that all volunteers coming to your shift pre-register by using the link in the confirmation email received by the group leader. By pre-registering, you provide the information that allows us to plan for your visit, communicate helpful reminders prior to the visit and to send a thank you after your shift. It is critical that we have an accurate list of who is in our Giving Factory warehouse at all times.
Host a Drive: We ask all of our volunteer groups to host a product collection prior to their visit to help us further our mission. There is no minimum requirement, but we ask each person to donate. Learn more about hosting a successful drive here.
Our volunteers – both adult and children – are the engine that powers Cradles to Crayons’ mission. Thank you for choosing to volunteer with us. You are joining thousands of people who have already made a significant impact in our community. We cannot wait to host you at the Giving Factory!
When You Arrive
- A Cradles to Crayons staff member will greet you, help you check-in, and lead you to the first service activity.
Once all groups have arrived, volunteers will gather for a brief orientation.
- The orientation includes a brief overview about Cradles to Crayons and important logistical information about The Giving Factory (bathrooms, water, etc.). You and other volunteers will then be escorted to your assigned stations.
- Your station leader will provide instructions about your task for the shift and will be present during the entire shift to answer questions or provide assistance.
- At the end of your shift, your group will hear a brief wrap-up while having a group photo taken.
For more detailed information about what takes place during a shift, please see our Volunteer FAQ’s.
Most Needed Items
As a way to further engage your children in the volunteer experience, please bring at least one new or like-new children’s item to your shift. We encourage you to check our current “most needed items” list if you would like to help fill a gap in our inventory.
[Phi] General Volunteering Inquiry Form