Most Needed Items are immediate needs of children's essential items in our warehouse. The most prevalent out-of-stock items are new underwear & socks, pants, winter coats, and books.
What we need:
Donations of new and nearly new goods are what make the Giving Factory possible, and make it so efficient and effective. We accept donations of a wide range of goods that are used by children of all ages, from infants through preteens. If your children used it lightly, “our” children can probably use it too.
Please review the standards below to make sure that we can put your item to good use and help us by donating only clothing that is in good condition, toys that are complete, baby equipment that is safe and sound, school supplies that are unopened, and so on. Ideally, we would never have to dispose of a donated item; that costs us time and money.
The demand for some items is higher at certain times of year. Click here for a list of our current most needed items.
What We Need
- Clothing, sizes newborn - 14/16 (youth)
- Winter boots, sneakers, and sandals (infant/child sizes 0–13 and youth/adult sizes 1–10)
- Winter coats, sizes newborn - 14/16 (youth)
- Hats, gloves, scarves
- Fall/Spring jackets, sizes newborn - 14/16 (youth)
- New socks and underwear
- Books, especially baby board books and chaper books for children ages 10-12
- New arts and crafts/school supplies (please click here for a full list of our school supply needs)
- Baby crib & bassinette bedding (no bumpers, please)
- Baby carriers (sling, Bjorn, Snuggli, etc.)
- Diaper Bags
- Baby equipment, especially strollers, pack-n-plays and car seats (car seats must be less than 5 years old)
- Other items we accept: high chairs, baby swings/rockers, baby bouncy seats, baby bath tubs
- No cribs, please
- Baby safety equipment (gates, bed railes, outlet covers, cabinet locks, etc.)
- New baby hygiene supplies
- Batteries, especially AA and C
What We Can’t Accept
- ADULT CLOTHING sizes M, L, XL+
- Due to the recent drop‐side crib recall, we are no longer accepting cribs of any kind
- Stuffed animals
- Car seats older than five years or that have been in an accident
- DVDs/CDs/VHS tapes/computer games
- Room decor
- Religious books/toys, including Christmas/Easter/Hannukah/Kwanzaa related items
- Books about families (“I Love Mommy,” “Daddy and I”)
- Underwear or socks out of its package or that are used
- Used bathing suits
- High-heeled shoes and shoes that are not in great condition
- Soccer cleats
- Clothing that is stained, torn, or has family writing ("mommy", "daddy", etc.)
- Military related or violent toys/games (no guns of any type)
- Oversized plastic play toys (please no toys larger than 24 inches)
- Large backyard toys, slides, swings, baby pools, and structures
- Used hygiene products
- Baby food
- Breast feeding supplies
- Used arts and crafts/school supplies
Find out more about our warehouse drop-off location and hours. Corporations also help us by donating excess or outdated inventory that is suitable for use by young children. Learn more about donations of goods by corporations.
Please contact Renee Nicolo, Community Outreach Coordinator, with any product-related questions.