Teen Leadership Corps
Gather your friends to give a boost to your community
Leadership skills are an advantage you’ll have for a lifetime. Cradles to Crayons’ Giving Corps offers inspiring programs for teens who are passionate about making a difference in their communities.
About the Teen Leadership Corps (TLC)
- Participate in the TLC Student-Parent Orientation in June.
- Attend a 3 day training session in June.
- Work 12 two-hour shifts (a total of 24 hours) from July 2017 through April 2018 at The Giving Factory, leading groups of volunteers.
- Raise at least $500 in donations on behalf of Cradles to Crayons through creative fundraising activities.
- Assist with set up and execution of our Backpack-A-Thon event to be held in August and our Un-Gala event in November.
Because this is a leadership program, we insist that the student (not the parent) initiate contact with regards to their application and their place within the program.
Please note: the TLC class of 2017-18 is now full and applications are no longer being accepted. The online application for next year’s program will will be available in early 2018.
If you are looking for an opportunity to support Cradles to Crayons while developing leadership skills on an independent basis, or if you are working toward specific goals for NHS, scout badges, Mitzvah or Confirmation projects, or any other service requirement, we offer a structured program to assist with Independent Student Service Projects throughout the school year. Orientations for students and parents are held twice each month on Tuesday evenings at 5:30pm. Pre-registration is required. For more info, email us at email@example.com.