How to Host a Drive
You can host a drive for two to four weeks in your community. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about your drive.
- Spread the Word: Share the details of your drive on social media, in a newsletter, and/or in a personal email to friends and family.
- Begin Your Collection: Keep your community motivated with regular updates and encouragement.
- Drop Off Your Donations: You can drop off your donations at our Giving Factory ® warehouse or at a drop-off location near you.
- Celebrate and Appreciate: Don’t forget to thank your donors and share the impact of your drive with your community!
Resources & FAQ’s
- Check out this handy road map for an overview of what’s involved in holding a collection drive.
- Review this step-by-step how-to guide to learn how you can tap into the power of your community to make a difference in the lives of local children.
- Spread the word about our mission, model, and need by sharing the Cradles to Crayons flyer and donation guidelines below with your friends, family, and community.
What are your most needed items?
How do I get a tax receipt?
You can now find our tax receipts on our website: https://www.cradlestocrayons.org/boston/take-action/donate-goods/tax-receipt/
Or if you prefer to print a copy at home: https://cradlestocrayons.app.box.com/donation-receipt
Fill out and keep a copy for your tax purposes.
Where do I bring my donations?
Why can't you take my nursery furniture, large toy, etc..?
Cradles to Crayons is proud to create customized KidPacks that are hand-selected with care to meet a local boy or girl’s specific needs and wants. We accept donations of a wide range however, in the interest of the health and safety of the families we serve, and in consideration of the limited space they may have access to, we cannot accept large furniture or toy donations.
How do I set up a donation drive? How long should I collect for?
How much product do I need for xx volunteers to be busy for xx hours?
To keep 10 volunteers busy for 1 hours, your community will need to collect at least 50, 13-gallon (the size of a kitchen trash bag) bags of product. We suggest starting your collection 4 to 6 weeks before your sorting event to ensure there is enough product to keep your volunteers engaged throughout your event.
What happens to the donations you can't distribute?
Items that we cannot distribute are redistributed to various local partners to help serve their needs. The Salvation Army, Aids Action Committee, Mission Main, More Than Words, and Furnishing Hope are among some of our recycle partners.
Who are the children you serve and what communities do they live in?
Cradles to Crayons Boston is dedicated to serving children ages zero to twelve living in Massachusetts and families who meet income eligibility requirements. By taking this approach, we ensure that your donations go directly to the local children who need it the most. To view a comprehensive list of our partnerships by geographical location, click here.