Volunteer In The Giving Factory
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at The Giving Factory.
Fill out the form to get started.
A volunteer shift in The Giving Factory Warehouse involves hands-on processing of the donated goods that flow in on a regular basis. Each station in our warehouse includes inspecting, sorting, and packaging donations to ultimately be distributed to the children we serve.
- All volunteers must be at least 5 years old to volunteer with us. Any child under the age of 18 needs an adult present with them for the entire shift when they come to volunteer with us.
- Fill out the inquiry form on the right side of this page to indicate your preferred time-slot and other details.
- In just 3-5 business days, you’ll receive an email from one of our volunteer coordinators with more details – including the day/time for a scheduled visit. Please let us know if you will require a socially distanced experience at the time you register.
Preparing For Your Visit
Before you come to volunteer at The Giving Factory Warehouse, we ask that you please read below for some of our important safety protocols and requirements that are part of our effort to keep our staff and volunteers safe and minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus. You can also view our Volunteer Safety flyer.
- Pre-register before your visit: It is crucial that all volunteers pre-register by using the link and registration code in the confirmation email received by the group leader. By pre-registering, you provide information that allows us to communicate helpful reminders prior to the visit. Only pre-registered volunteers will be allowed inside The Giving Factory.
- All volunteers must wear a mask for the duration of their shift. We will provide a disposable mask for you to wear during your time at The Giving Factory if you do not have one.
- We encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle. We do not have water bottles, but you will be able to refill your bottles at our water stations.
- We ask all of our volunteer groups to consider hosting a product collection prior to their visit to help us further our mission. There is no minimum requirement, but we ask each person to donate at least one children’s item. Please note our donation guidelines have changed. View our current guidelines here and learn more about hosting a successful drive here.
One of Cradles to Crayons’ organizational values is a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we welcome many diverse individuals as volunteers. If you or someone in your group has special needs or accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before filling out this form.
When You Arrive
- Our doors will open 10 minutes before the shift start time. When you enter the building, we will ensure you are registered and have a mask before you join other volunteers for our shift orientation.
- Following orientation, you will be led to your volunteer station where your Volunteer Leader will provide instructions about your task for the shift. Your Volunteer Leader will be present during the entire shift to answer questions and provide assistance.
Your shift will start promptly at your scheduled time and will begin with a brief orientation. For more detailed information about what takes place during a shift, please see our FAQ’s.
Most Needed Items
As a way to further engage your children in the volunteer experience, please bring at least one new or like-new children’s item to your shift. We encourage you to check our current “most needed items” list if you would like to help fill a gap in our inventory.
[Bos] General Volunteering Inquiry Form